Data Labeling Specialist (m/f/d)
Large amounts of data do not scare you off? Rather, you see data analysis as a challenge that you can easily master with your accurate and independent way of working? As it is our company’s mission to improve patients lives by using healthcare data, we are looking for a Data Labelling Specialist (m/f/d) with a pharmaceutical, biological or linguistic background.
Your mission includes
- Annotate textual data according to predefined guidelines
- Familiarise yourself with new topics in the pharmaceutical domain
- Work on various research tasks
- Handle unique data with changing conventions
- Learn how to define linguistic patterns (or “search terms”) to find relevant texts in large corporation
- Fluent English skills
- Diligence with an ability to work conscientiously
- Excellent communication skills to contribute to and align with smooth workflow processes
- A passion for data, efficiency and accuracy
- The capacity to work independently as well as in a team
- A background in (computational) linguistics OR a background in (molecular) biology, pharmaceuticals, medicine, or otherwise acquired knowledge about topics from the pharmaceutical sector
- Experience in text data annotation is considered as a plus
- A desire for strong commitment towards company goals and culture
- An aptitude for balancing your workload between required office attendance as well as working remotely
- IT expertise is not required!
What we offer you
- Flexible working hours and remote work option
- First-hand experience in developing a research-driven and innovative company
- International business experience within a scalable B2B business model in the Pharmaceutical industry
- The spirit and culture of a fast-paced and dynamic startup in a highly collaborative working environment
- A motivated international team with a background from more than 20 different nations
- Benefits include: regular company events, company pension scheme, supported gym membership and more
Semalytix’s mission is to create a deep understanding of patients for better patient-centric decisions and improved treatments. We analyse millions of real-world data points to improve decision making and, eventually, peoples’ lives. Our team combines high-performing professionals with a background in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Linguistics, Life Science, Pharmaceuticals, and SaaS-start-ups. Semalytix is a VC-funded company founded in 2015 and headquartered in Bielefeld, Germany, with a growing employee base of 50+ individuals, three top-10 Pharma customers, half of the top-20 in the pipeline, and 400% revenue growth in Q4 2021.
Please send your cover letter along with your CV (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our culture, anchored in SCRUM values, is our most valuable asset. We embrace our diverse backgrounds by learning from each other. We put our mental and physical health first by providing opportunities for flexible work and physical exercise.
Hands-on research is our passion. We publish findings from our work at Semalytix and take part in research competitions. We also support PhD programs and students who are writing their master’s or bachelor’s theses.
Do you keep reading about amazing AI breakthroughs? Join us, and you’ll be the one creating those innovations. Shaping the bleeding edge of innovation is our comfort zone.
Continuous growth and learning
Unleash your fullest potential by sharing your vision in a rapidly growing, highly scalable environment. We encourage and empower personalities who show initiative and a mindset with a “never stop learning” attitude. Be part of something bigger!
Your schedule can sometimes be quite hectic, especially since you may have children or elderly people to care for. When it comes to work, are you more of an owl than a lark? No problem! We will accommodate your schedule to work whenever and wherever your productivity is at its greatest at all times, no matter the distance. After all, the majority of positions offer you the opportunity to work remotely for up to 60% of your work schedule.
Is it heartbreaking to leave your four-legged friend behind and have those puppy dog eyes haunt you all day? Bring your dog to work! We have a dedicated dog zone for our paw patrol and their owners – and everyone else who is in the mood for some office dog cuddles!
Health and relaxation
Relax and unwind with a work-out session during your lunch break or take a refreshing dip and/or sauna directly after work – we will cover the monthly costs of your membership in the nearby Fitness First health studio.
Free coffee, tea, and water
Are you simply not the same without your morning tea or lunchtime espresso? Get your daily dose of caffeine and enjoy a coffee, water, and tea for free – the refreshments are on us!
Enjoy the Semalytix Spirit with us at our various team events such as Pot Luck, Movie Nights, Waterskiing, and of course the all-year famous Christmas Party – make sure not to miss out when the Semalytix family gets together for celebration!
We are convinced that a healthy and productive performance requires rest and relaxation. That is why you will receive an annual six-week vacation to fully recharge your batteries!
Dreaming about life after work? We’ve got it covered: We care about all our employees and already have an eye on your pension and retirement plan. Therefore, we have a scheme in place to make sure you’re well looked after and enjoy your golden years.
You’ll never walk alone. As a new employee, you will get a mentor who you can bug with all your questions and who will take care of you alongside the regular onboarding – one day, you might even find yourself in the role of a mentor, sharing your experiences and the Semalytix spirit with the new family members!